Students sometimes experience difficulties with school work, getting along with other students or even problems not directly related to their school. Those who belong to the military community can also face a unique set of challenges. Guthrie School is committed to ensuring that every student experiences success and maximizes their learning potential.
We offer support for students dealing with the following issues and more:
- Struggling with challenges related to military life
- Need extra support with school work
- Require social support
- Being bullied or know someone who is being bullied
- Experiencing situations that interfere with learning and attendance
- Have outside commitments that do not work with traditional schooling
No matter what the issue, students who are experiencing difficulties are encouraged to speak with a teacher and/or the school counsellor.